Life and writings in a prison in Costa Rica

Monday, April 16, 2007

poems from jail

Just received this poem, written in jail in Costa Rica.

One day each week is insignificant.
One day every week is a non-event.
Other days have lots of class,
Only wednesday finishes last.

Saturday or sunday is Sabbath to someone.
Evangelical Gospel is completely overdone.
Thor'smighty hammer defines it's day.
The sky is alive when Thor has his say.

Old hard tuesday is famous in song.
Friday is payday when it comes along.
A new week commences every monday.
All this ignores only one day.

I claim wednesday formy day.
In my world i have my say.
I command wednesday, it's divine.
I say wednesday is allmine.

Bradford X, march 2007.


That airport cop spotted me quick
He was the aerodrome's top kick
The pinnacle of self betrayal
Now i'm locked inside your jail.

My face turned red when he spotted me
I am your new incarceree
you make the rules and i accept
I pay the price of that intercept.

You like to snot and spit on the floor
You wipe your ass on the bathroom door.
You dig your nose past your knuckle
Then lick your fingers with a chuckle.

I must be careful inside your jail.
I am inside your manure pail.
I will endure and face the facts
I will survive AND remain intact.

Bradford x, march 2007

No comments: